What is a Chaffle? It is supposed to be a cheesy explosion, in waffle form! For me, it is a decadent, delicious waffle that you cannot spot the difference on! The taste was spot on, it was sweet and buttery! The texture was softer than a normal waffle. It would be closer to Waffle Texture texture than IHOP. The amazing thing about this waffle is that you can pair it with anything! One batch makes 2-3 waffles (depending on how small your iron is, I have the DASH Mini). You can use the waffle as buns, bread, dessert, and just a plain waffle.
· ½ Cup Mozzarella
· ½ tsp Xanthan Gum (DO NOT SKIP)
· 1 tbsp Mayo
· 1 tbsp Almond Flour
· 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
· ¼ tsb Baking Powder
· 2 tbsp Sweetener (Xylitol or Erythritol works best)
· 1 Egg
· 1/8 c Water
1. Place the Mozzarella in a microwaveable bowl & microwave for 15 – 20s until melted.
2. Add in the Xanthan Gum, Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Baking Powder, Sweetener, and egg and Mix.
3. Your mix may be a bit thick. Slowly add in the water and stir. You will not get the consistency of pancake mix, but it will not look like a ball of dough either.
4. Once mix is ready place half in the waffle iron. Cook about 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat!
Note ** Waffles will be a bit soft immediately out of the iron. You can throw the waffles in an oven at 425 for 5 minutes to get more of a crisp. Also letting the waffles rest will allow them to get a bit crispier. ONE waffle is a serving, but the batter makes two.
Serving Size: 1 Waffle
Carbohydrates: 5g (2 net, dietary fiber 3g)
Pair them with your favorite protein! Yes these are Keto wings! Find the recipe for these "oven fried," wings --> Here!